LIGHTS, CAMERA, SMAT: Inside the world of KHS video team

The KHS SMAT class is all about self expression where students enjoy making fun and creative videos to use on social media entertain family and friends,and inform students and others about events around the High school. Students get to learn how to use technology as an outlet for creativity and information.

KELSIE EVANS and LEXI WRENN

The KHS SMAT class is all about self expression where  students enjoy making fun and creative videos to use on social media entertain family and friends,and inform students and others about events around the High school. Students get to learn how to use technology as an outlet for creativity and information.

SMAT is also about learning how to use  audio/video (A/V) technology as a career field. Some students are very interested in the technology of creating media. They are learning how to use cameras with editing and production equipment. Most of all, SMAT is about fun and learning.

SMAT teacher Stephen Armstrong said he has even more planned for the future.

“Short term, we hope to provide an outlet” he said “for student produced programming and feature our Kaufman High School athletic events. We currently are in production on for live broadcasts that will air throughout the school week as well as our already established program ROAR TV.”

Armstrong hopes to work with other classes as well.

“In the future we plan on collaborating with the different CTE courses at KHS to promote our school district to the community through marketing, graphic design and advertising,” Armstrong said. “This will help KHS students get much needed real world work experience in a career before they graduate KHS.”

SMAT’s new channel is up and running on the National Federation High School Network or NFHS Network. The group currently has a web page that will host upcoming videos and live broadcasts. CLICK HERE for a link to the website.

The SMAT class Broadcast Schedule

Mondays – KAPPA Gaming Talk Show, 11 a.m.

• Tuesday’s – K-Town Beat Music and Entertainment,10 a.m.  
  • Wednesdays – ROAR TV, 8:50 a.m.
  • Thursdays – A9 Sports – KHS Talk Show, 9:15 a.m.
  • Fridays – Coffee with Kayla, Talk Show, 3 p.m.

The SMAT class Broadcast Schedule

• Mondays – KAPPA Gaming Talk Show, 11 a.m.
  • Wednesdays – ROAR TV, 8:50 a.m.

1 Comment

One Response to “LIGHTS, CAMERA, SMAT: Inside the world of KHS video team”

1. Coach Armstrong on April 27th, 2016 8:04 am

Great article! Thanks for the opportunity to be involved in the Black and Gold News!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.