BIG BIZ: Young KHS entrepreneurs bringing in the cash with hard work, dedication

HANNAH HEMPHILL and YAZMIN CARVER

Anticipation. Anxiety. Enduring uncomfortable positions to get the best picture for her customers. This is what KHS student, Hannah Polk, has to go through on a daily basis.

Hannah is one of the several students in KHS students have that skill and are practicing it.

An entrepreneur is a person who starts their own business or organizes a business. In  order to be an entrepreneur it takes a certain skill to be successful in business making.

Polk has started her own business in 2013 called “Photos by Hannah.” She takes pictures of people, families, events, but most importantly the seniors here in KHS.

Junior Hannah Polk shoot senior photos for some KHS students.

“Depending on the shoot and amount of time, I charge from between 75 to 200 dollars,” says Hannah after i asked her how much she charged for her business.

Although Hannah has made a success from working on her business, she plans on making it a hobby in the future.

Another KHS student has made quite a bit of money from a babysitting job.

Sophomore, Caylee Scott, got her babysitting job at the beginning of August and so far she likes it.

“I’ve always been good with kids and used to babysit my cousins when I was a little younger so it’s always just been a skill I’ve had,” says Caylee.

She babysits two days a week for four hours earning a nice paycheck for a teenager. Shes trying to earn enough money to pay for a new car and for her college tuition.

“I want to get enough money for me to go to my favorite college, A&M and become a successful student,” Caylee says.

Junior Delaney Johnson's website.

Junior Delaney Johnson’s website.

Delaney Johnson is a 11th grader who is also another entrepreneur that attends KHS.

Her business is ran through a website called dreamdressexpo.com and they buy and then resale gently worn prom, pageant, cocktail, and homecoming dresses and on top of that she works as a model.

“The seller gets up to 65% of the profits made off of their dress,” says Delaney

She plans to keep maintaining the amount of advertisement and customers in the long run.

“Constantly contacting new sellers and always staying organized is a good way to keep the company running smoothly,” says Delaney.

Building your own business is a hard task to handle, but with hard work and dedication these young entrepreneurs show they are likely to be successful.

For more information on Photos by Hannah, click here. For information on Dream Dress Expo, click here.