SENSATIONAL SINGING: Mane Attraction choir perform for local group

BRITTANY ALANIZ, Staff writer

The Mane Attraction show choir performed for a luncheon put on by the Sarah Maples Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) on Sep. 21

The group that performed includes: freshman Caleb Rivas; junior Steven Jones; and seniors Tiffany Williams, Courtney Pinson, and Jasmine Mowles

“Caleb has a beautiful tenor voice and also plays tuba in the band,” choir director Tracy Collins said.

Collins knows her students well, and has a relationship to her students as coaches do to athletes. She offered comments about each of her Mane Attraction singers:

• Junior Steven Jones, baritone:  “enjoys being in the spotlight.”
  • Senior Tiffany Williams, alto: “Tiffany is also a strong actress in the KHS theater program.”
  • Senior Courtney Pinson, soprano: “Courtney has been with the choir since Jr. High.”
  • Senior Jasmine Mowles, soprano:  “Jasmine is also the president of the choir.”

“All of the students above are also competing in the All State Process for TMEA Region 3,” said Collins. “This competition is not part of show choir and requires a tremendous amount of extra time and preparation.”

For choir members, there are rehearsals before and after school, and time must be spent at home working on the music.

All the choir students have been working hard on their upcoming performances and will be featured at the upcoming Scarecrow Festival.